Wednesday, July 28, 2010

9 miles later and the skirt is getting on my nerves

Yep. I said it. The SKIRT is getting on my nerves. Along with the music on my ipod, my lack of hydration skills, and my inability to eat the right food at the right time. 9 miles around central park in 85 degree weather does not work well with a dehydrated freak with unecessary amounts of stretchy material around her legs.

Check out the play-by-play:

Mile 6- The skirt and I love each other...like Sonny and Cher. I am sporting the skirt like a super hot (sweaty) but frum (modest) supermodel.
Mile 7- The skirt isn't giving me enough space and there is tension between us. I scowl at the skirt then lift it up a bit to let my knees breathe. I cool down 10 extra degrees...not fair. I look like I am getting ready for ballroom dancing, so I let go.
Mile 8- My knees really really need to breathe, heck my thighs need to breathe, so I hold up the darn skirt and imagine I am jogging towards prince charming or Mark Ruffalo. A few seconds later, this gets really annoying and I angrily throw the skirt down.
Mile 9- The anger caused by the skirt is upstaged by my extreme dehydration and the completion of my longest run in two years. I buy overpriced gatorade from a stand man and walk one more mile because I worry that if I stop moving, I might never move again.

So the skirt is pretty annoying sometimes and it is possibly a few inches longer than necessary. My legs need to breathe a bit more. I think my next skirt will need to be a bit shorter. No...not sassy tennis mom short but just not so super frum long.

As time goes by, I am adjusting to all the changes in my life...from joining the morning people club to changes in my wardrobe.
I am learning to constantly refocus myself towards the important things in life.
Like drinking water and smiling at other runners, especially if they are running in a skirt.

1 comment:

  1. Try looking at the skirts on the hanes.com website. They have shorter and longer cotton skirts, good prices. It was great to have you with us for Shabbos. Come back soon!

    ReplyDelete