Two weeks ago I started my official marathon training paired with an exciting/exhausting teaching job at a summer camp.
Thus, I have joined the Morning People club. In the runners division of this club we like to eat large amounts of bread and pasta each night so we can make it through a 530AM long run. We also enjoy going to bed at 8/9PM...yeah...it is not even dark yet. Sometimes we even run without an ipod because the music is too much stimulation for the peaceful early morning hours. We must drink a single cup of strong coffee in the late morning (8am) no more, no less and we must have A LOT of water throughout the day. We also need to pee a lot. To join this club you need a lot of motivation and discipline mixed with a chill attitude. You must think..."Oh its only 530am. Thats not early at all, the wild suburban bunnies are just finishing up their day!" or "Oh it isn't even night and I want to go to sleep...wow I am cooler than a frog on a lily pad." You have to make friends with carbs even though they have a bad reputation, and make sure to drink water until your pee is clear.
I like the runners division of the morning people club. During my college years, I was in the "feed grumpy commuters coffee and get paid minimum wage" division, which was definitely a grande nightmare with extra whip. In the past I have also been in the "drive to a town you never heard of, set up a giant peach or forest and run around like a freak to entertain children" division...which was...um...fun...sometimes. A good division of the Morning People club is hard to come by.
Everyone should try out the Morning People club, I recommend the runners or walkers division. You will either fall in love with it or become a semi chubby anti-social obsessive machine. Right now I am in between...one can only hope that I am secretly slowly falling in love...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment